Role type: Full time; Continuing
Department/School: Business Services
Salary: UOM 9 – $129,154 – $134,374 p.a. plus 17% super
- Transform and improve systems and processes that support our world class research community – Your work has a visible impact!
- Join a collaborative and fun team that values knowledge sharing
- Advanced Business Analysis – Product Ownership – Mentoring – Stakeholder engagement – Analytical Thinking
Founded in 1853, the University of Melbourne is Australia’s #1 university and is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
About Business Services IT
Within Business Services IT, the Research Domain team develops and strategically manages the information technology needs of researchers and research support across the University by providing project delivery, uplift, management and support for core and enterprise research systems.
We provide design, development and support across a range of research enterprise applications and services.
About the role
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Senior Business Analyst to provide pre-project discovery and in-project engagement and analysis for initiatives and programs that have a direct, visible impact on our world class research community.
Collaborating with key business and technology stakeholders, you will support a diverse range of projects with the aim of improving the user experience and efficiency of our research community. With a solution-oriented approach, you will elicit, analyse and specify objectives, scope and benefits and define business, functional and non-functional requirements to define future state processes.
You will further take on Product Ownership for one of our service areas, engaging with key stakeholders to help define the product vision, ideate and explore solutions to achieve that vision.
In a typical week at work, you may:
- Work with stakeholders to set and manage expectations for the delivery of ongoing features, functionalities and initiatives
- Effectively communicate and present features to stakeholders, using feedback to continuously refine and improve the deliverables
- Act as Product Owner and define business cases, capture detailed requirements, translate these into user stories for the development and delivery teams
- Support capability uplift through active contribution to thought leadership and in embedding adoption of ‘fit for purpose’ business analysis engagement and delivery approaches
With strong problem solving and analytical skills, you have an eye for process improvement opportunities and find creative solutions to drive efficiencies. As a confident, engaging communicator, you have the ability to navigate discussions, manage expectations and generate buy-in from a wide range of stakeholders. Putting user experience front and centre, you will provide feedback to team members ensure the features and functionality have been developed to a high standard and meet stakeholders needs.
Ideally, you will further have:
- A relevant postgraduate qualification with significant relevant experience or an equivalent combination of relevant significant experience and/or education and training
- Significant experience in Senior Business Analysis roles in large and complex organisations, undertaking discovery and business requirements analysis and specification with a proven ability to deliver complex user specifications and/or detailed business, functional and non-functional requirements in agile, hybrid and traditional delivery approaches
- Essential: Relevant experience in agile delivery and hybrid ways of working
- Demonstrable Business Analysis leadership experience, including proven ability to support and develop team members in traditional, agile, and hybrid analysis practices, approaches and techniques
- (Desirable but not essential) Experience in Product Ownership
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements and generous personal, parental and cultural leave
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading
- Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To find out more, please visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits.
At UoM, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community, and we encourage and celebrate diversity. Indigenous Australians, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, females, people of all ages, with disabilities or culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply for our roles. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live.
If you feel this role is right for you, please apply with your CV and cover letter outlining your interest and experience. Please note that you are not required to provide responses against the selection criteria in the Position Description.
Please note, interviews may commence during the advertising period, please submit your applications at the earliest convenience.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com.
Due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications with current valid working rights in Australia and candidates who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
The University of Melbourne is required to comply with applicable health guidance and directions issued from the Victoria Health Minister. The University of Melbourne requires all University of Melbourne employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption order applies. All applicants therefore must meet this requirement when submitting an application.
Applications close: 10 July 2022 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time
Position Description: Senior Business Analyst PD_2022.pdf