Role type: Full time; Continuing
Salary: UOM 8 – $110,709 – $119,829 p.a. plus 17% super
- Value-driven – Join us and drive impactful strategic projects
- Collaboration – Work with senior stakeholders across Australia’s leading University
- Team player – Join a dynamic team that values professional development and an encouraging work culture
Founded in 1853, the University of Melbourne is Australia’s #1 university and is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
The Advancement Office aims to facilitate the establishment and maintenance of mutually beneficial relationships between the University and its alumni, friends and benefactors. It is responsible for the management of programs relating to alumni and benefactors and provides services to and works collaboratively with faculties and other central administration areas.
About the Role
As Project Manager, you will step into a diverse role providing high-level project and operational management to support our capacity to deliver extraordinary gifts and realise the vision of strategic initiatives where philanthropy can play a critical enabling role.
Collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders across the University and beyond, you will support the development, testing and implementation of transformational University-wide initiatives. Working both as part of a team as well as autonomously, you will coordinate across functions to assist colleagues to secure Principal gifts ($5M+), including developing gift propositions, briefing project stakeholders and writing compelling proposals.
A key area of focus for this role is the Principal and Major Gifts program, which seeks to secure significant philanthropic support from society’s most generous individuals.
Utilising your ability to interpret data to gain insight and make evidence-based recommendations, you will provide coordination and analysis of reports, and updates on projects against key milestones for University Executive and University Advancement Council.
In a typical week at work, you may:
- Project manage key elements of fundraising planning for Strategic Initiatives, including project scoping, developing gift propositions, engagement and outreach plans, budget and operating plans
- Develop and clearly communicate project timelines, establish and monitor project goals, and coordinate appropriate follow-up actions related to priority projects
- Play a leading role in supporting Advancement’s transition to the Affinaquest/Salesforce CRM platform
With a strong background in project management and excellent relationship management skills, you will expertly coordinate and progress complex projects in a changing environment. With a high degree of initiative, you will be comfortable working autonomously, applying a high level of confidentiality and discretion. As a natural communicator with strong analytical skills, you understand how to share complex data in an engaging and easy-to-understand format to provide informative, concise updates and passionately champion our mission.
Ideally, you will further have:
- A relevant tertiary degree qualification (with relevant experience); or an equivalent combination of relevant extensive experience and education/training
- Proven ability in planning processes with excellent conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to absorb and interpret data and information from multiple sources to identify and prioritize actions
- Exemplary verbal and written communications that can adapt across a range of audiences, as well as ability to write reports and funding proposals
- Knowledge of systems and technologies that support Advancement functions
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements and generous personal, parental and cultural leave
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading
- Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To find out more, please visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits.
At UoM, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community, and we encourage and celebrate diversity. Indigenous Australians, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, females, people of all ages, with disabilities or culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply for our roles. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live.
If you feel this role is right for you, please apply with your CV and cover letter outlining your interest and experience. Please note that you are not required to provide responses against the selection criteria in the Position Description.
Please note, interviews may commence during the advertising period, please submit your applications at the earliest convenience.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com.
Due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications with current valid working rights in Australia and candidates who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
The University of Melbourne is required to comply with applicable health guidance and directions issued from the Victoria Health Minister. All University of Melbourne employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption order applies. All applicants therefore must meet this requirement when applying.
Position Description: Position Description – Project Manager, Development Strategic Initiatives.pdf
Applications close: 22 June 2022 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time