Role type: Full time/Fixed-term until April 2023
Department/School: Melbourne Law School
Salary: Level 8– $108,009 – $116,906 p.a. plus 17% super
Founded in 1853, the University of Melbourne is Australia’s #1 university and is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
About the Melbourne Law School
Its faculty is a vibrant community of creative scholars, committed to a highly collegial, research-intensive institutional life. The Law School has particular strengths in comparative analysis. It aims to integrate teaching with research and engagement activities and to engage with local, national and global communities. The Law School is a single department faculty located in a custom designed building in University Square.
About the Role
This position manages a professional services group driving team-based activities as well as performing critical tasks on an independent basis. The Program Delivery Manager leads this team of professional staff members to provide comprehensive support to academics and students in relation to course and subject configuration, enrolments, timetabling and assessment, subject administration and teaching support, and liaison with local and international teachers.
In a typical week at work, you may:
- Manage and coordinate the annual changes to courses and subjects for MLS and MSoG coursework programs liaising with the Curriculum Development and Planning Manager and academic stakeholders.
- Responsible for designing the timetable for the Melbourne Law Masters program in conjunction with the Curriculum Development and Planning Manager, academic stakeholders and external teachers.
- Manage the timely creation of class timetables and class registration for the Juris Doctor (JD) and Law Breadth programs;
You will have the ability to communicate professionally and effectively with a range of people and to build strong positive working relationships with stakeholders. You will have the ability to problem solve, operate with a degree of flexibility, and to be self-motivated.
Ideally, you will further have:
- A relevant post graduate qualification with relevant experience in a similar position; and/ or equivalent mix of education/training and significant relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage effectively, independently and for a team, taking interdependencies across multiple work functions into account
- Demonstrated ability to foster a culture of commitment to high quality client service principles.
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements and generous personal, parental and cultural leave
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading
- Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To find out more, please visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits.
At UoM, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community, and we encourage and celebrate diversity. Indigenous Australians, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, females, people of all ages, with disabilities or culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply for our roles. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live.
If you feel this role is right for you, please submit your application including a brief cover letter, your resume and your responses against the selection criteria^ (found in the Position Description) for the role.
For information to help you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria and competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
Should you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com.
Due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications with current valid working rights in Australia and candidates who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
Position description: 0034562_Program Delivery Manager PD.docx
Applications close: 29 APRIL 2022 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time