Role type: Full time; Fixed-term for 3 years (temporary backfill)
Faculty: Architecture, Building and Planning
Salary: Level B $ 107,547 – $127,707 p.a. plus 17% super
Founded in 1853, the University of Melbourne is Australia’s #1 university and is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
About Architecture, Building and Planning
The Faculty of Architecture, Building and Planning is the leading educational and research institution in the Asia-Pacific region addressing the design and realisation of inhabited environments. It actively seeks to extend the linkages between education, research and practice in the built environment, and maintains excellent and extensive relationships with members of the built environment professions, government, professional associations and the wider community.
About the Role
The Faculty of Architecture Building and Planning is seeking an experienced Lecturer in Construction to refine and deliver academic programs and enhance the disciplinary culture of the Faculty.
The Lecturer will teach at both graduate and undergraduate levels and will participate in the supervision of research higher degree students, and be expected to make a significant contribution to teaching, research and engagement in specific built environment domains.
This is an exciting opportunity to further develop your teaching profile, enhancing the experience of an international body of students, within a vibrant and supportive Faculty culture with the opportunity to pursue and achieve your research goals.
- Initiate and develop high quality subjects and related materials within construction technology and delivering engaging lectures, seminars and tutorials.
- Actively initiate and participate in interdisciplinary research projects, especially those that attract external research funding, and develop links with industry as well as national and international collaborators.
- Produce high quality publications and other appropriate outcomes arising from scholarship and research.
You are an experienced academic with a passion for teaching, research and engagement, with an established specialisation in construction and a high-level of performance as evidenced by scholarly output. You are motivated to participate in collaborative research programs internally, nationally and globally. Your effective communication skills enable you to engage a wide range of audiences and build positive working relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
A demonstrated ability to teach in the areas of Construction Management, Building Technology and Humanitarian Construction will be highly regarded.
You will further have:
- A relevant PhD within a built environment discipline.
- Academic administration skills and experience and willingness to undertake a variety of administrative roles commensurate with the position and level.
- Experience in innovative teaching delivery, including online and dual delivery modes (desirable).
For specific responsibilities and Selection Criteria please refer to the attached position description.
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements and generous personal, parental and cultural leave
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading
- Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To find out more, please visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits.
At UoM, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community, and we encourage and celebrate diversity. Indigenous Australians, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, females, people of all ages, with disabilities or culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply for our roles. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live.
If you feel this role is right for you, please submit your application including a brief cover letter, your resume and your responses against the selection criteria^ (found in the Position Description) for the role.
^For information to help you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria and competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
Should you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com.
Due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications with current valid working rights in Australia and candidates who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
Applications close: 31 May 2022 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time