Role type: Part time/Continuing
Faculty: Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Heath Sciences
Department/School: Melbourne Dental School
Salary: Level D – $151,868 – $167,312 (pro rata) p.a. plus 17% super
Founded in 1853, the University of Melbourne is Australia’s #1 university and is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
About the Melbourne Dental School
The Melbourne Dental School has a strong tradition in Oral Health education and research, and an established international reputation in several research areas. The School offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in oral health and dentistry, as well as clinical specialist postgraduate training and an extensive suite of Continuing Professional Development programs.
About the Role
The Associate Professor Collaborative Clinical Education will work closely with Melbourne Dental School academic staff to promote excellence in Work Integrated Learning and integrated knowledge for entry into the dental profession.
The successful incumbent will significantly contribute to curriculum improvement initiatives and innovation in teaching and learning.
In a typical week at work, you may:
- Senior academic leadership with respect to high quality curriculum development, evaluation, and review working closely with the Director, Teaching and Learning.
- Provide clinical leadership with respect to supporting the School in the developing Faculty Centre for Collaborative Practice and Learning and developing Oral Health Campus.
- Represent the School, where appropriate, at relevant committees and working groups relevant to work integrated learning and collaborative practice and learning.
You are a team player, a strong leader, and a person who shows initiative. You will have the ability to work collaboratively and collegially and have a capacity to communicate to others a commitment to a code of ethics and to work independently and collaboratively in a team to achieve project goals and meet agreed deadlines.
Ideally, you will further have:
- A primary dental qualification registrable with the Dental Board of Australia and current AHPRA registration
- Current active clinical practice experience
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate with a range of stakeholders to maintain strong working relationships.
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements and generous personal, parental and cultural leave
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading
- Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To find out more, please visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits.
At UoM, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community, and we encourage and celebrate diversity. Indigenous Australians, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, females, people of all ages, with disabilities or culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply for our roles. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live.
If you feel this role is right for you, please submit your application including a brief cover letter, your resume and your responses against the selection criteria^ (found in the Position Description) for the role.
For information to help you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria and competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
Should you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com.
Due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications with current valid working rights in Australia and candidates who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
Position description: 0055861_Associate Professor in Collaborative Clinical Education PD_.pdf
Applications close: 13th May 2022 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time